A while back I wrote about Comic Book Club, a weekly show at The PIT Theater here in New York. It’s a weekly, live comic book talk show. I’ll be writing up a few of my personal highlights every week I go. Normally this feature will be included in tandem with another post but for this first one, they’ll have ROSHOW.net all to themselves. So, without further ado, my highlights (in no particular order) from last Tuesday’s CBC:
1. I don’t remember what this was in reference to but Pete asked a question and ended it with a totally straight faced, non-ironic delivery of “no homo.” I’ve never heard anyone actually say, other than Kanye West. Awesome.
2. Alex’s reaction to the X-Men porno being named X-Men: A Porn Parody, when the obvious title is XXX-Men: “that’s disgusting.” It really is.
3. Everyone making fun of M. Night Shyamalan joining twitter, especially whoever said “he was good until he started putting himself in more of his tweets.”
4. Cliff Chiang being the guest. His art work on Wonder Woman rocks. Everyone should be reading that book.
5. My buddy, Andrij, taking home the $25 giftcard to Midtown Comics.
BONUS! My low-light of the show: the douche in the audience who broke his glass in the middle of the show. That douche, by the way, was me. It happens.
You can listen to the whole thing right now by checking out their website where they post a podcast of the show.